Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Panda Owl Sheep

Today at the library we had a fantastic time.  I'm not completely certain if my daughter had more fun sitting in the chairs, driving a found rhinoceros down the aisles of books, or actually reading, but what does that matter?

We read two books by Emma Quay: Puddle Jumping: A Book About Bravery and Sleep Tight: A Book About Bedtime.

I must admit, they were simple, but fun.  Each starts out with a nice, cheerful introduction: "Hi I'm Panda.  Hi I'm Owl.  Hi I'm Sheep.  Hi Friends."

And they are friends.  I can't imagine these three particular animals ever actually having the opportunity to become friends, but that small fact aside, these three really exemplify what you want your friends to be: honest, encouraging, and loving.

I cannot wait to see how my daughter develops relationships with her peers.  I hope they encourage her to have fun when she is afraid; I hope they share their comfy sleeping bag when hers is uncomfortable; and I hope they share her enthusiasm about life in general.

Now, my friends, Sleep Tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment