Friday, February 10, 2012

Me.

One day not so long ago, I was in the library looking for something new to read.   There was a book, a perfect square - which I always find attractive - with an equally attractive bear on the cover.

The title of the book is: Me.

The author: Philip Waechter.

A quick flip revealed the right word to picture ratio for my wee one, and *plop* it went into the rapidly filling library bag.

A few days later, I fished it out of the pile and began reading.  It's hard to get a good idea of the book from the first few pages.  Is it all egotistical mantras?  Is this bear full-of-himself or what?  But the last few pages are so sweet, so lovely, so true that this fun little book is now on my all-time-favorites list.  I want to buy a copy for everyone I really, truly love in the world.

So I have a new label for this kind of book - birth to death.  Because I challenge anyone of any age to read about this fantastic bear and not fall in love.   Or at least remember who it is in the world that you do love - and perhaps fall in love with them again.

This one might be worth another try at video posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment